Wednesday, August 1, 2012

God's will vs. my will!

Hello friends!

To those faithful followers - sorry for my absence - I've been distracted - to say the least... ha! It's been a little over a month since I picked up this gem in Plainfield, IN on an early thursday morning.



Overwhelmed is a good word, but doesn't begin to cover my thoughts, feelings, emotions, stress, etc...the past 35 days.    God IS faithful!   He has and continues to answer so many prayers in our life.

Greg summed it up best about 2 weeks ago when we were talking and he says, 'When WE choose to live in God's will for our lives, we can't go wrong as God's got it all figured out!'    Where I'm going with that is that had Greg and Jenna got what WE wanted, so many things would have not led us to where we are standing today... together.    So many examples of things we WANTED these past 4 months:

  •  1. We didn't want Greg to have to go to jail.... well... we didn't get that wish and he got sentenced to serve out his 3 year sentence counting the time he had already served.   
  • 2.  We wanted Greg to get placed at the closest jail facility to Fort Wayne.    We didn't get that either....  However... God knew what was better.    Had Greg went to the facility near me... he'd still be serving out his time through September.   Instead Greg got placed at a short term program that allowed him the opportunity to earn a time cut by attending classes.   

Those are just a few short items that add to our long list of God knowing what was best for us, even when we thought we had the BEST answers.     It just feels so good to know that when your living in God's will for your life, he's got your back... and holds the future in the palm of his hands.

Top highlights of the past month with Greg:
         1. Watching fireworks together on the 4th of July - recognizing his independence.
         2. Being able to worship together at church
         3. No supervised visits!
         4. I always have my very own dinner date.
         5. Greg being allowed to travel out of state sooner than expected (thank you God!) to 
             travel with me to Missouri and Nebraska and see both our families.
         6. Nature walks
         7. Long talks about where God has brought us and what he has and is continuing to teach us.

Among the good, I'd be lying if I told you it was all hunky dorey for me.   I have had to learn to adjust from my independent nature and ways.    Let me tell ya...it's not easy to give up my routines and ways of doing things to accomodate somebody else.    I've been stubborn, grumpy, upset, and down right angry about it.    Change is hard!   Not to mention the added stresses of wedding planning, finances, job searching, etc...   

We have a lot of decisions to make in the next few months and plans to fall into place.    At this point... my PLAN... ( and I say that loosely as it is ultimately up to God what will develop for us)... is for Greg and I to be moved back to Missouri by Mid October, right before the wedding.    I would like to have a job lined up to start by the end of October or first part of November.    Things have already been in motion in that department as I sent my resume in for a job that Cindy found for me on Craigslist of all places (yes...crazy).   They loved my resume and called me up immediately for an interview and I was able to go in and have that interview on Friday of this past week.    I'm not trying to toot my horn, but they already are making it sound like I have the positionl.    I've been praying that God brings me into the right position that doesn't require me to be on call excessively, and provides me a stress free, enjoyable work atmosphere.    So we shall see what unfolds with God's plan in the next few months.

The count is on... our target registry tells me we have 80 days till the wedding.... I can't wait to be Mrs. Jenna Johnson.    

So.. in a nutshell... want you to know that God is faithful.   Can't tell you how amazed I am in my daily interactions with Gregory and how God has transformed his heart into the Godly man I always desired and dreamed about for my future.   Just TRUST... God knows what He is doing!


No comments: