Sunday, January 22, 2012

End in sight....

Well - I have been slow on the update but wanted to share that court on Thursday went somewhat well, the outcome still 'stinks' in terms of the length of time, but God's in control so we are content with that.    Greg has approximately 249 days left to serve out in jail, and then he will be done with everything.   No probation or other conditions.     So that comes out to about 8.4 months, or the end of September.     Greg was very excited and praising God on Thursday, however was more down about it last night when we spoke because the reality is setting in of how long 8.4 months can feel.    I've been encouraging him to look at the positives and the fact that we now have a timeline.     I know, as he says, nobody has any idea of how hard it is to be in a jail cell day in and day out and be surrounded by people who are so negative and full of such evil idea / thoughts.    We are still unsure of where Greg will be at during these next 8 months, whether he is in the county jail or gets shipped away to one of the prisons.   We would continue to appreciate your prayers for God to reveal his purposes for this time for him, to protect him, give him strength, be encouraged, and find peace & joy in his circumstances.    Greg worries about many things in regards to the length of time he will be away - mostly his neices not knowing him, his relationship with his brother, and time apart from me and the rest of his family.   I would appreciate prayers especially in being the encourager / motivator that he needs when he calls, I'm finding it difficult to deal with the emotional ups and downs he is experiencing and give him the right kind of encouragement.    Last night I yelled at him that he had to 'choose' how he was going to react - he could choose to be negative about his situation or choose to trust God and be positive.   So... at this point today... I see the end of September as a tenative date when I will really get to see and spend time with Gregory.

Had my last preliminary meeting with my potential life group, and I feel like God is really going to bless me with some awesome women who need other women in their life to connect with, be relational with, and share in lifes struggles.    Feeling blessed by the worship, messages, and ways God is speaking through the music / sermons at Emmanual Christian Church.    This morning was on Exodus 3, talking about Burning bush moments, God's definiately given me my own burning bush moments.

Yesterday was fun, I got to play in the snow with Greg's brother's family.    It's been a long while since I've been sledding, I think I was as excited as the kids were about going.   Put my bib overalls and my muck books to use here in the city, haha, got a laugh out of explaining to Alicia that I was not wearing snow pants but coveralls.    Us country folk have some more practical uses for our coveralls.

Some pictures from yesterday - I had fun testing out my new SONY camera I bought myself with my Christmas money, really enjoy how fast and the quality of pictures I can now take.




No comments: