Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1 Month Down

I just realized  that today officially marks my first month of being in Indiana.    Crazy how fast time flies.    

As I'm easing in to week 3 of the job, I'm still in somewhat of a 'training phase'.    I'm getting to know my staff and guys in my home.     The highlight thus far has been 'winning over' some of the guys who have hard personalities to crack.    Also another highlight was getting one of the men to smile and start laughing while playing catch (he doesn't normally do this).... to top it off I accidently nailed him in the face with the ball and he found this hilarious.   Now every time he sees me he has a big smile on his face.     I have 8 men's care I oversee - aging from 55-78 yrs of age.    They are all so unique and have such fun and different personalities.  

I'm starting to get plugged into a life group through a local church, this past week they started 'organizing us' into groups and it seems I've been placed with 3 other 'new' Fort Wayne residents within the last year.    One woman seems to be a widowed single mom, another single mom, and then another young lady who seems to have lived everywhere.     Seems to be some interesting dynamics, but I look forward to getting connected here.     I've been attending a 'Emmanual Community Church'...... definiately a large congregation.    The next 9 months the pastor is doing a sermon series on Exodus, and thus far I've really enjoyed his engaging messages based off the scripture passages.

Thursday is a big day for Greg and I as we hope to find out an 'outcome' for him at court.   We've been praying through it and just trusting God with whatever awaits him and us.    I believe God knows whats best, but I'm still making sure God knows my desires.     If only my Desires would be inline with his will.     Appreciate your prayers for thursday.    Specifically that Greg can get out of jail, and be able to move forward with treatment / help that he needs.     Court is at 1:30 (12:30 central time).

No comments: