Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's shaking this week

Hello hello!    I'm just loving this 60-70 degree weather, these are my IDEAL temperatures!   I had a perfect walk tonight with Jason/Alicia's dog, I loved having the wind against my face and the moon shining above.    Very pretty evening!

Wanted to let you know God's been answering prayers (as he always does!).    Greg got to start classes on Tuesday, this puts him right on track to complete their 9 week program and be able to leave June 27th.   

In addition, he had asked for prayers on Sunday night as he was really struggling with the evil around him among the men, demeaning comments to staff,  rotten attitudes, etc...     As many of you know being surrounded by the constant evil can be hard to handle but living with it can be even worse.    Greg sounded very discouraged and depressed, sharing about the kind of things he has to listen to as he tries to fall asleep in the dorm at night.    He told me all he could do was lay there and 'pray' and try to shut everything else out.     After our conversation on Sunday night, he was BLESSED to be able to attend an hour and a half church service Monday afternoon which included praise and worship and a sermon.   Greg's been desperate for some praise and worship time, and this was just the boost and answer to prayer he needed to recharge his batteries.    He so desires the freedom to again be able to attend a weekly church service, something we often take for granted.

Tonight I finially heard back on the Chiropractic position.    My interview with the chiropractor on Friday went well, however I didn't make the cut.    I lost out to another applicant who had massage therapy experience.   He did tell me he is keeping me at the top of his stack as their may be another opportunity arise in the near future.     I feel okay about not getting the position as I was starting to worry about taking the financial cut.     I figure God's got me taken care of and he will open and close the right door as opportunities arise.

Sunday I went wedding dress shopping.    This was fun and a little surreal.     We only hit one store, but I got a better perspective on what kind of dress I want to search for, not its just finding the right one.

I have decided on an apartment, and will get posession on April 2nd.    So i'm looking to make a trip back to Missouri the 2nd weekend of April; flying in and renting a uhaul to drive back to Indiana with my 'junk'.    Hopefully by April 2013 we'll be packing a UHAUL to move back to the KC, MO area.

I welcome continued prayers for finding the right job, stress relief from current job, and wisdom in decision making.    Thanks all!

No comments: