Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm moving!

Yes, it's true...   I am moving.... or rather a more accurate description may be that I'm getting out of the boat and taking steps of faith.     That's right, this move is not about me or what I think, but it is about moving because I feel God is leading me in this direction.  The confirmations that just keep pouring forth from my decision just continue to amaze me!    I sometimes have to pinch myself and say 'WOW GOD!'

I listed my house on the market on October 17, 2011.    Within an hour of my listing the house, my realtor asked to show it.    One week from the first showing I had my first offer on the table, October 24, 2011.    I counter offered the buyer, and they countered back, and on October 25, 2011 I accepted there offer.    Both of their offers were contingent on them selling their house within 30 days.    Which means basically if they are unable to sell their house, they cannot commit to the purchase.    Because of this contingency I could still 'show' my house to other potential buyers for those 30 days and if I received an offer, the buyers have 72hrs to come up with the funds.     Well - God 'AMAZED' me again as these potential buyers listed there house on October 24, 2011 and by October 26, 2011 they had sold their house.    This made my home sale 'official'.   I signed the paperwork on October 26, 2011 and I have to be moved out by December 5, 2011.  Count it folks .... that is 9 days!!!   My house sold in 9 days in this housing market!!!!    I even made a profit!!!   

To further my amazement I found out after the fact that my boyfriend had gotten on his knees and prayed on the night I listed my house that if God wanted me in Indiana he would sell my house in two weeks.   Greg asked God to sell my house in 2 weeks, he did it in 9 days!  

Oh yeah ... I said the B word... Boyfriend!   That is a whole other story in itself about the power of forgiveness, prayer, surrender, and the transformation of a heart through the power of God.  Expect another whole blog entry on how this came to pass.

Where am I moving?   Fort Wayne, Indiana.     I'm going to become a Hoosier!   Why there?   It's because of that B word - He asked me to come.     After much prayer and consideration I made this decision.   I know - as CRAZY as it sounds - and as much as I thought I would NEVER DO THIS in my life for a man - I am moving 8 and 1/2 hours due east of my current home in Bethay, MO.    Before you think I'm a nut job, please understand how I see it....   My current sniffing job is seasonal and will end in approximately 3-4 weeks, which means I will be unemployed come December 2nd.   Career wise, I feel like I don't have many options available anymore at my current location so either way my time in Bethany was drawing to a close.  When this idea of moving to Fort Wayne first came up, I considered it as a 'risk-free' opportunity to explore a future with the B word.   Risk free in that I was going to live for free with some of his relatives there, while maintaining my house in Missouri with a possible roommate, and when 'sniffing' season started back up again I could either move back or make a permanent move and THEN list my house.     Well, the roommate options were not panning out, and on Monday October 17th, 2011 I told myself... 'If I know that I don't want to stay in Bethany, MO long term, why wait to list my house'.    In my head I was thinking 'It could sit on the market for several months, so why wait?'     AND... HELLO... was I totally wrong about that .... 9 days later i was faced with the fact that 'I've SOLD my house!'

So I say it again.... WOW GOD!

To add to my 'WOW factor'  I have been job seeking online.   On October 27, 2011 I found a job posted online through a google search of 'developmental disability providers in Fort Wayne'.   A company called AWS or Anthony Wayne Services came up in my search, and I found their employment listings online.   To my delight, i found a Qualified Developmental Disability Professional position open (this is what my career title has been for the past six years) so I filled out the online application.    To follow up with my application I sent an email on friday night, October 28th to the four human resource contacts listed on their website.    In my email I explained how I was relocating to Fort Wayne, my experience, attached my resume, and shared if they felt I was a viable candidate that I would love to meet with them while I was in town October 31-November 2nd.   So, bright and early Monday morning October 31st my cell phone rings at 8:30am and it is Joy from human resources and she asks if I can come in for an interview the following morning.

November 1, 2011 I interview at 9am with Joy from HR.   During this interview she asks how long I will be in town and I say until Wednesday November 2nd.    She explains the 'normal' interview process and how they typically do 2nd interviews 2 weeks after the initial interview so they can get background checks back and check references, but given my situation of being in from out of state she will see what she can do.   She sends an email to Julie, the prospective boss of my position to see if she can meet with me while I'm in town.   She immediately responds back that she can see me at 1pm.     So I meet Julie at 1pm for my 2nd interview and I'm immediately excited because I connect with her personality right off the bat.    To my suprise her supervisor, Ann, who normally does the 3rd interview decides to sit in and join us.    The interview goes great and I feel completely comfortable with these two woman and am excited about the company.    They invite me to stick around and tour some of their facilities.   I leave there feeling confident about the company and also confident that I will be offered a position.

On November 3, 2011 one of my references tells me they have called her.   On November 4th at 8:30am I get a job offer.   I was a tad disappointed with the salary they offered, and am taking the 'weekend' to let them know, but its safe to let you all know that I will accept the job on November 7th.

So to recap in less than three weeks I have listed & sold my house, applied, interviewed, & been offered a job, and I have 29 days to get my house packed up!   For now I'll be putting my stuff in a storage unit here in Bethany.    I'll be moving in with my 'Boyfriend's sister-in-law's parents' in Fort Wayne.    If I like it there I will probably get my own apartment  in three to four month, but for now I'm going to save some money and enjoy the thrills of living in a new city.    Fort Wayne is the 2nd largest city in Indiana, comparable in size to Lincoln, NE.

Sorry that was a WORDY blog, but I want to share the extent of my journey these past 3 weeks.   I know I sound crazy, but I want each of you to know that this is me taking a step of faith.    I feel like as long as God is at the center of my decisions that I cannot be led astray.    

I would appreciate your prayers as I transition, as change is never easy!   I love my community here in Bethany, I've been blessed by so many wonderful friends here.   I'm also extremely BLESSED by being so close to all my amazing and dear college and high school friends.    I just want you all to know that I love and treasure EACH of you and am grateful for the blessings you have been to my life!  (as a side note: need to find homes (seperate would be best) for Jazzy Bessler & Simon Koeteman... let me know if you or you know of someone interested in taking in a loving feline).

No comments: